Again with the modern covers, but as these are just for practice that's ok! I'm having a lot of fun with the sewing and the gluing. The cherry blossom paper is left over from my wedding favors and the sheep are from my scrapbooking paper fabric. And hello, sheep! I do love the sheep (but not in a creepy or gross way). I think these came out very well, I like the hard covers. I'm even more pleased with the end papers on these books, which of course I didn't take pictures of. Hopefully I will get around to it with the next batch of books. The sheep have a stripped black paper and I used a green textured Japanese bamboo leaf paper for the cherry blossoms. Both turned out quite nice and have a wonderful tactile quality that I wasn't really trying to accomplish but am very happy with. I do need to find some better paper for the signatures I used resume paper for these two books since I had that in the house and it's ok to write on, but I really need to figure out something nicer that I can hopefully find locally.
Next up is the round spine journal, which I understand is a proper, period technique, even if the kit I have is not using period materials, and the limp binding kit I got at KASF which is actually totally period. One of them will end up being my new comment book for A&S competitions and displays, depending on how they turn out. Right now I am leaning towards the round spine journal, it's less period but smaller and will take up less space on the table which can be a serious issue in some cases.