Friday, March 13, 2015

So many changes!

Oz, the newest rescue.  He like to "help"
 with the handsewing.
The last year has been a wild ride, and I'm happy to say it's finally settling down.   I've moved into a new place that is mostly wonderful, I have a new little doggie, and I'm doing ok by myself for the most part.

Somehow in the midst of the chaos that was 2014 I managed to finish some projects, go to Pennsic, and two weeks ago was elevated to the Order of the Laurel at Ymir.  For those not in the SCA, this is a Big Deal.  It's the highest form of recognition an artisan can get in the Society.  I'm still kind of stunned that this happened, but it's slowly settling in and I'm getting really excited about working on my next projects without quite so much worry about documentation, display, and competing with them.  For me, it's a license to go deep into a thing without having to worry about tying it back to whatever my main art is and to explore new things.


No comments:

Post a Comment