Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Our new baby


I've been fairly busy the last couple of weeks working on things for my fledgling business, trying to get stock made up, filling orders, and coming up with new things to try.  That hasn't let a lot of time or energy for historical sewing, but I'm hoping that once things settle down a bit I'll be able to establish some sort of new routine.  It doesn't help that now that I'm fairly certain that I *can* weave, my loom room has been taken over by the newest addition to the household, the as-yet-nameless kitten.  The DH wants to call her Patches, but I have an aversion to naming animals silly words rather than actual names.  She was called Ellie at the pound, but that's the name of a friends dog, so that won't do.  Right now I'm leaning towards Annie.  So far we've been calling her Miss. Kitty Fantastico until we come up with a real name.

It's been a rough fall.  Ok, to be honest it's been a rough year or two but I think the last couple of months have really been wearing on me.  Not being able to get out of the house since the the surgery and having so much trouble doing even basic things, on top of the pain, the cat dying, and everything else has just got me down.  Usually I try not to post about personal things here, but part of my lack of productivity and progress with some of my projects is that I'm feeling really discouraged in general.  Working so hard and seeing so little return for it is frustrating, and it seems like that's what I've been doing on all fronts lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment