Just over 175 hours later and I've finally finished the embroidery for this blasted book cushion! Yay! I'm sort of in shock, truth be told. I've been working on this stupid thing for so long it feels sort of strange to actually be done with it. Well, done in the done with the embroidery part sense of done. I need to actually make it into a cushion but that should be fairly straightforward. I'm not going to do anything overly complicated. I'm planning to back the embroidery with linen, make the back of the cushion from blue silk, and stuff the thing with wool then finish the edge with a nice bit the same embroidered braided edging I've used on the bags. A red edge should bring the whole thing together and brighten it up just a little bit.