The coat is coming along nicely! Last night I did the fitting and everything fit, which was a relief. Not that I don't trust my measuring and patterning skills, but it's always a bit scary when there is so little time to fix major problems. The sleeve looked great, I am very glad I went with the more fitted shoulder and sleeve shape. I think it will make a huge difference in the overall look of the finished coat, especially in the fabric, which is rather on the stiff side.
So, today I put the rest of the coat together, got the button holes made (by machine, I really think they should be button loops but I don't have time to make them that way), and tonight I will be doing the hand sewing. I have to sew on the trim, finish sewing on the buttons, and sew the hem. Not so bad really.